PA STRUCTURED DAY PROGRAMS
At UI Structured Day, we care for & enrich lives though Person-Centered Care and Therapeutic Enrichment. Our wonderful team of Direct Care Staff provide a positive, compassionate environment that instills hope and determination and develops clients’ functional skills and self-worth.
UI Structured Day Centers offer:
- Fun Fridays and Special Events in collaboration with Day & Rehabilitation Program staff
- Professional Entertainment (i.e. musicians, DJ, casino games, environmental center, performers)
- Community outings (i.e. restaurants, museums, sporting events, theatre, movies, casino, mall)
- Spiritual Care for clients of different faiths (i.e. Bible Study with local pastor)
- Beauty & Barber Services (i.e. haircuts, nail services)
- Grocery Shopping
- Client Planning Committee
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Snoezlen Room/Sensory Room
- Pet Therapy Visits
T.E.A. (THERAPEUTIC ENRICHMENT & THE ARTS) CENTER
The T.E.A. (Therapeutic Enrichment & The Arts) Center provides a stimulating environment for our clients with traumatic brain injuries. The program integrates activities targeted in skilled therapy into the structured day program providing a continuum of care. Clients participate in client-directed activities which improve their functional, cognitive and leisure skills. Clients participate in the development and execution of group and individual activities based on their personal interests, goals and aspirations.
Therapeutic Enrichment Activities led by direct care staff and skilled therapists include but are not limited to:
- Cooking & Baking
- Arts & Crafts
- Table & Word Games
- News & Current Events
- Acts of Kindness & Community Service
- Exercise & Fitness
- Meditation & Stretching
- Sensory Stimulation
The Tech Center provides a structured environment for our clients with developmental disabilities. Clients participate in choice activities to progress their cognitive, leisure, independent living, and vocational skills. Our program provides frequent opportunities to promote community inclusion through volunteer work and community outings.
LIFE SKILLS CENTER
The Life Skills Center provides a supportive environment for adults with developmental disabilities. Various activities target the continued development of our clients’ life, leisure, and vocational skills. Our clients are assembled into small groups with peers based on their physical, medical and behavioral needs. Our clients’ daily activities are designed to deliver multi-sensory experiences, thematic learning, and provide repetition.